Author’s Taproom is excited to celebrate the release of Dianne Duvall’s Cliff’s Descent: A Vampire’s Tale, coming July 27th, 2021! Cliff’s Descent is the next book in the best-selling paranormal romance series, Immortal Guardians. Below you will find information on the book, blog tour, the release day blitz, and more! The Blog Tour will run July 19th – August 2nd, 2021 and consist of exclusive posts from the author, Q&A’s, and excerpts with a tour-wide giveaway!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Cliff’s Descent: A Vampire’s Tale
Immortal Guardians #11
By Dianne Duvall
Releasing date: July 27, 2021
For the first time, New York Times bestselling author Dianne Duvall brings readers a novel–set in the “fast-paced” (Publishers Weekly) and “totally addictive” (RT Book Reviews) world of the Immortal Guardians–that revolves around a vampire… one who has become a friend and trusted ally of the powerful warriors.
Every mortal who works at network headquarters knows that vampires reside below them. They were the first to surrender to the powerful Immortal Guardians who hunt them. And they did so, hoping they can be saved, that the doctors and scientists the Immortal Guardians employ can halt the progressive brain damage that robs all vampires of their sanity. Though curious, Emma never thought she would meet any of the vampires who remain under heavy guard several stories beneath her office. Then mercenaries strike, bombarding the building with heavy artillery. The vampires are freed to join the fray… and Cliff saves her life.
From that moment on, she can’t stop thinking about him regardless of the restrictions placed on interactions with vampires. When Emma discovers a way to speak to Cliff at network headquarters, she becomes even more fascinated by him. He’s smart, charming, and honorable to his core despite the darkness that lies ahead. And he seems to crave her company as much as she does his. Aware of the eyes that watch them, they keep their encounters innocent, limiting them to those of mere acquaintances. Nevertheless, their attraction grows and she soon falls in love with him even as the madness begins to claim him.
Cliff realizes his future is dark. As one vampire friend after another succumbs to insanity, hope that network doctors will be able to find a cure in time to keep him from meeting the same fate begins to dwindle, leaving him little to look forward to… until he meets Emma. Just speaking to her brings him a happiness and contentment he hasn’t experienced since before his transformation. And when they finally find a way to be alone together, everything changes. Emma burrows her way right into his heart and quiets the voices. She sparks dreams of a future with her that strengthen his determination to beat back the madness. But as time passes, the voices grow louder and insanity begins to chip away at him until he fears it will eradicate every part of him she fell in love with.
Will the two of them find a way to defy the odds and find their happily-ever-after? Or will Cliff’s descent consume him?
AVAILABLE FOR PRE ORDER
Blog Tour Schedule:
- July 19: Reading Between the Wines Book Club – Top 5 Reasons to Love Cliff from Cliff’s Descent
Rincon de Joss – Excerpt from Cliff’s Descent
- July 20: Rachael’s not-so-secret diary – Dianne Duvall’s Summer TBR List
Jeris Book Attic – Spotlight/Teaser of Cliff’s Descent
- July 21: EBookObsessed – Favorite Quotes from Cliff’s Descent
I’m A Voracious Reader – Spotlight/Teaser of Cliff’s Descent
- July 22: Books-n-Kisses – Excerpt from Cliff’s Descent
Buffy’s Ramblings – Spotlight/Teaser of Cliff’s Descent
- July 23: Flora’s Musings – Q&A with Dianne Duvall
Julie’s Strife Reading Nook – Excerpt from Cliff’s Descent
- July 24: Mrs. Clare’s Books – Q&A with Dianne Duvall
- July 25: Lynn’s Romance Enthusiasm – Excerpt from Cliff’s Descent
- July 26: Nerdynovelreviews – Q&A with Dianne Duvall
Read All About It – Spotlight/Teaser of Cliff’s Descent
- July 28: Lady with a Quill – Top 5 Reasons to Love Emma from Cliff’s Descent
- July 29: Bury Oneself in a good book – Spotlight/Teaser of Cliff’s Descent
- July 30: Obsessive Reading Disorder – Excerpt from Cliff’s Descent
- July 31: Audioloversblog – Q&A with Dianne Duvall
- August 1: From the TBR Pile – Excerpt from Cliff’s Descent
- August 2: Perusal of Fiction – 5 Fun Facts about the Immortal Guardians Series
Release Day Blitz Schedule:
July 27, 2021
- Bury Oneself in a good book
- Rachael’s not-so-secret diary
- Perusal of Fiction
- I’m A Voracious Reader
- Rincon de Joss
- Reading Between the Wines Book Club
- Angel’s Guilty Pleasures
- Jeris Book Attic
- Obsessive Reading Disorder
- Buffy’s Ramblings
- Lynn’s Romance Enthusiasm
- Read All About It
- EBookObsessed – “As if we didn’t already love Cliff, seeing the world through his eyes… makes us even more determined for Dianne to find a way to save our Cliff from impending doom.” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- I’m A Voracious Reader – “Wow. And holy shit. I love this story! Love it!” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Reading Between the Wines Book Club – “As with all of Dianne’s stories, Cliff’s Descent is a page-turner that you won’t want to end.” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Flora’s Musings – “There’s always a natural balance throughout the story between the mystery, fighting and violent scenes and the humorous, romantic and passionate ones.” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
To celebrate the release of Cliff’s Descent Dianne Duvall will be giving away a $50 Amazon Gift Card to one (1) lucky reader and a $25 Amazon Gift Card to two (2) more readers! To enter, out the Rafflecopter form found in this post. Follow along with the Blog Tour for more chances to win daily. Good luck!
The Immortal Guardians Series:
Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2
Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
In Still Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
Darkness Rises (Immortal Guardians, #4)
Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5)
Phantom Embrace (Immortal Guardians, #5.5)
Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians Book 7)
Awaken the Darkness (Immortal Guardians Book 8)
Death of Darkness (Immortal Guardians Book 9)
Broken Dawn (Immortal Guardians Book 10)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians paranormal romance series, the Aldebarian Alliance sci‐fi romance series, and The Gifted Ones medieval and time‐travel romance series. The Lasaran, the first book in the Aldebarian Alliance Series, was a #1 Audible Mover & Shaker. The Segonian, the second book in the Aldebarian Alliance Series, was a Barnes&Noble Top Indie Favorite. Audible chose Awaken the Darkness as one of the Top 5 Best Paranormal Romance Audiobooks of 2018. Reviewers have called Dianne’s books “fast-paced and humorous” (Publishers Weekly), “utterly addictive” (RT Book Reviews), “extraordinary” (Long and Short Reviews), and “wonderfully imaginative” (The Romance Reviews). Dianne’s books have twice been nominated for RT Reviewers’ Choice Awards. And her audiobooks have been awarded the AudioFile Earphones Award for Excellence.
Dianne’s books have all appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, and/or Kobo Bestseller lists. The first book in Dianne’s The Gifted Ones series, A Sorceress of His Own, is a prequel of sorts to Darkness Dawns. A USA Today bestseller, A Sorceress of His Own is a medieval romance with paranormal elements that was awarded the AudioFile Earphones Award for Excellence and was an Audie Finalist. The second book in the series, Rendezvous With Yesterday, is a time travel romance that won the GraveTells Readers’ Choice Award for Best Historical Romance.
In addition to writing romance, Dianne has completed a one-act play (comedy) and teamed up with an award-winning screenwriter to write a spec script for a new situation comedy. Several of her poems have also been published in anthologies.
When she isn’t writing, Dianne is very active in the independent film industry and has even appeared on-screen, crawling out of a moonlit grave and wielding a machete like some of the psychotic vampires she creates in her books.
For the latest news on upcoming releases, contests, and more, please sign up to receive Dianne’s Newsletter or visit DianneDuvall.com. You can also find Dianne online . . .
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Goodreads | Book Bub | Instagram